- Colorado state law requires all ATVs and unlicensed motorcycles to have an annual OHV registration permit.
- All operators must possess a valid drivers license or vehicle operators license.
- Licensed vehicles may travel on all roads that are designated routes, however unlicensed motorcycles and ATVs are required to stay on roads permitted roads.
- All vehicle operators must observe authorized barriers, closed signs, and other obstacles meant to restrict vehicle travel or access.
- Liability insurance is required for all unlicensed motorcycles and ATVs.
- ATVs cannot be driven within city limits of Ouray, Silverton, Lake City, Ophir, and Telluride.
For more information, contact the San Juan Public Lands Center at (970) 247-4874 or Colorado Division of Wildlife Durango Area Office at (970) 247-0855.